Friday, November 24, 2006

0903288248

Lancôme Miracle Homme
Ngọc:0903288248 HN



Introduced in 2001, Miracle Homme is a sharp, masculine, fresh blend of fresh and spicy florals, with notes of maple leaf, red pepper and oak moss blending into a heart of coffee granita and cedar wood, and base notes of rosewood, gaiac wood, amber, and jasmine. Sensual and surprising!



My husband wears this. He wears it because I chose it for him, really. The thing is, he's not a very perfumey kind of guy (he's not even vaguely metrosexual, although he's also not particularly blokey, either). He can say when he doesn't like something, but that's about it. If I like it and he doesn't hate it, he's okay with it.

Well, I like this one. I wear Miracle (the women's version), myself, and we tried some of this on him when we were out on a perfume smelling expedition (what, doesn't everyone go to the fragrance counters to test stuff?), and I liked it. Still do, actually. I find it pretty sensual, particularly the heart notes as they slowly dissove into the base notes. Mmmm. That coffee/woody scent is very pleasing, indeed.

This opens with the usual sort of light citrus and jasmine that is so common in men's fragrances (that, by the way, is another rant of mine; it's so hard to find men's fragrances that really have unique character, how much bergamot and moss does the world need in it, anyway?). It's fairly fresh, and the top notes can be fairly strong, I find, but that settles down into the yummy, coffee/woody heart notes, which seem to last for a good long while before sliding quietly into the sensual mossy, woody base notes.

I find this fragrance to be subtle but distinctive, and it's nice because it doesn't smell like Everyone Else (you know, those ubiquitious fragrances like CK One or something, the kind that everyone and their uncle wears? and this is nothing against CK One as a fragrance; it's only a comment on how many people wear it!). It's a nice maculine scent, about as floral as you can get and still be "manly" (and anyone reading my reviews knows I'm a big fan of florals, and for the record, I do happen to think it's silly that men aren't allowed to wear floral scents, why on earth not? what's so female about a flower? some flowers are male, some are both, why is it a problem?). This fragrance is also moderately priced. I wouldn't say it's inexpensive, but it's not terribly pricey as these things go.

Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a nice, fresh, not-too-perfumey masculine fragrance.

No comments: