Friday, November 24, 2006

0918198896

Alfred Sung Paradise
Thủy 0918198896


Launched in 2003, Paradise celebrates the glory of balancing state of mind and environment. Paradise is a lush, green, fruity, floral fragrance, a heavenly blend of tropical greens, tagete absolute, white peach, jasmine, gardenia, rose de mai, orchid vanille, sandalwood, and musk.
"The inspiration for Alfred Sung Paradise fragrance comes from a very special place in my heart. It is a personal interpretation of an idyllic escape, transporting one's thoughts to a peaceful and tranquil setting. It is a place that brings one complete happiness." - Alfred Sung





The first thing I want to say about this fragrance is that it's subtle. It's not one of those fragrances that immediately assults your olifactory system. This one is much, much more laid back.

The second thing I want to say about it is that it's very different, and not quite like any other fragrance with which I'm familiar. This one really does smell tropical, but not in a fruity tropical way (not like coconuts and pineapples or anything remotely that overt). The tropical sense comes from its lush, subtle, "green" qualities. The fruity notes are soft ones, not too sweet.

This fragrance really does make me think of swaying palms and warm breezes and a lush, cool jungle filled with juicy fruit and fragrant flowers. I can't say that it brings about any particular "oneness" or "complete happiness", but it is an extremely pleasant fragrance, and for me it's a very nice alternative to the overt and sometimes in-your-face (or, well, in-your-nose, I guess) florals that I tend to wear.

Incidentally, if you get this fragrance in a gift pack set (lotion, shower gel, and EDP spray), you can get a very nice deal. I love to shower with this and then go on to the lotion and then the fragrance on top of that. With a subtle fragrance like this one, the layering helps to really keep it going, and, hey, a shower in a cool jungle on a warm island can't be a bad thing, you know?

The only problem I have with this fragrance is that it doesn't seem to last long on my skin, even though I do layer the fragrance and use Eau de Parfum. I'm guessing it's an issue of my chemistry and the perfume's (perfume is such a personal thing).

No comments: