Friday, November 24, 2006

Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers

Elizabeth Arden Sunflowers


Introduced in 1993, winner of the Fifi Award for Best Women’s Fragrance in 1994, Sunflowers for women is a refined, aquatic, upbeat fragrance. Its fragrant nature explores essences of melon, peach and jasmine. Blended with notes of tea rose, sandalwood and moss, Sunflowers is a casual, spunky, cheerful type of fragrance. Fresh and lovely!



And on a personal level, I love this one. It really is fresh, and while normally you wouldn't think of perfumes as being "cheerful", this one is. Sunflowers is spunky, fun, cheerful, and extremely appealing. I've never met anyone who disliked it (I'm sure there must be people who do, but I've never met any of them).

By the way, it doesn't smell like actual sunflowers. I think the name is meant to refer to "sunny" flowers, not the actual sunflower (which, in my opinion, don't smell very nice at all!).

Sunflowers is an extremely affordable fragrance. There's nothing wrong (in my opinion) with expensive perfumes, but when you find a really good one that you like and it's also very affordable, well, there's something to be said for that!

Sunflowers is generally available primarily in an Eau de Toilette strength. I haven't personally seen it in anything stronger, but pehaps it's out there and just uncommon.

Suitable for daytime and casual use, and I would feel comfortable wearing it to more formal occasions, as well.

No comments: