Friday, November 24, 2006

Lancôme Trésor

Lancôme TrésorSun,
Created by Lancôme in 1990, and named after the French word for treasure, Trésor is a fresh and spirited fragrance. This sophisticated, floral, semi-oriental fragrance has notes of rose, apricot blossom, peach, iris, jasmine, musk, and vanilla. This tantalizing fragrance is great for office and evening wear. Outstanding!

If I could wear only one perfume for the rest of my life (perish that thought, but for the sake of argument), it would be this one. The name means "treasure" in French, and it lives up to that. The original "face" of this perfume, Isabella Rosselini, said that it's like "a rose at sunset". This fragrance is remarkably sophsticated, smoothly floral and just slightly exotic (it's technically a floral-oriental), and is just plain gorgeous from top note to bottom. It is my "true love" fragrance (not to be confused with Elizabeth Arden "True Love" which I'll review at another time), the one to which I always return. I love it, and it loves me.
As with all things, your mileage may vary. If you don't like rose (which is the major note of this fragrance), then you might not find this anywhere near as appealing as I do, and if you prefer a spicier or more playful fragrance, well, Trésor isn't really either. I do recommend that you give it a try next time you walk past the Lancôme counter in a department store, particularly if you like a nice, smooth, sophsticated and elgant floral.

No comments: