Friday, November 24, 2006

Armani Sensi

Armani Sensi
Mon, 20 Feb 06
Sensi is as sensual as light cashmir; oriental romance with italian spirit. Introduced in 2003, it is a sweet, light, oriental-floral blend. The main scent is fresh vanilla which is accompanied by amber, benzoin, jasmine, and exotic woods. Fabulous!



I didn't expect to like Sensi. I'm not a big fan of vanilla. Well, let me rephrase that. I thought I wasn't a fan of vanilla, but the fact is, I do like it, I just don't like it when it's too sweet or cloying. It turns out that I do actually quite like vanilla in many cases (I thought I didn't like asparagus, too, until I found out that I do like it if it's prepared well; same thing here, I think).

The initial notes are very light, mostly citrus, and then it quickly settles down into the sweet-but-not-too-sweet middle notes and eventually works its way into a very pleasant warm vanilla.

One of the things I like about this fragrance is that it's subtle. It's very sensual, but it's not all "in your face" about it like some perfumes are. And, of course, it's not too sweet, despite the vanilla base. It's nicely sophsticated in a soft, feminine, inviting way that isn't overpowering. I think you could happily wear this in an office setting as well as you could wear it on more formal or showy occasions.

I haven't had much personal experience of Armani fragrances, but if this is indicative of the kind of things they produce, I'll definitely have to look into their line further.

No comments: