Friday, November 24, 2006

0909862752

Davidoff Cool Water

My, q10 0909862752


Introduced in 1997, Davidoff Cool Water Woman is a fresh aquatic, with notes of citrus, water lily, jasmine, peach, and sandalwood. Fresh, light, fruity and highly feminine, this is a unique fragrance for the woman who possesses vitality and revels in her sensuality.



I like this one, and I wear it, although not as often as some other fragrances I have, for various reasons. Cool Water Woman was released as a followup to the popular and successful Cool Water for Men (a review I'll do someday when I've got an appropriately sized sample and my husband nearby to wear it for me). This fragrance is deceptively light, pleasantly fruity, slightly sweet (not too sweet, though, and not cloying), and very, very fresh. It's appropriate for young women, but it's not a "girlish" scent (we forty-somethings like it, too). It's also a lot stronger than people tend to imagine, and it's easy to overdo it, I find, so it's a "go lightly" fragrance until you're absolutely sure of how much you can get away with wearing.


I actually find it difficult to describe this one, because it is quite different (and it does, believe me, live up to it's name). It's a cool fragrance, the opening notes are refreshing and cheerful. The middle notes are more solidly floral (mostly jasmine, but also may rose and lily of the valley), and then it settles down eventually into the slightly warmer base notes of peach, mulberry, orris, and vetiver. It does retain its fresh, light character throughout, even in the base notes, which is a surprising trick. I also find that on me, anyway, this one lasts and lasts, a genuine "clinger" of a fragrance.

The best I can say about this fragrance is that if my description sounds at all appealing, go and try some and see for yourself. I wear this one as an "alternative" fragrance for times when my usual staple fragrances just don't suit my mood, but I know people who wear this as their primary or regular scent. It's suitable for many occasions, depending on the woman wearing it, but I'd be as comfortable wearing it to a business meeting as I would to a casual evening out. Lovely fragrance, give it a try.

No comments: